A Life Worth Living

On this day in tomorrow's history, a new blog appeared on the Internet. I am starting this blog for a very important reason: I want to! You see, I am addicted to thinking and when I think, I write. A blog gives me bit more space to write, making it easier to communicate a thought or idea more thoroughly.

Image by Thought Catalog via Unsplash

What will I be writing about?

Life. My life, mostly, and the things I learn from living it. Being a traveling musician, a southerner who grew up in Minnesota, and a young American, gives me a wide variety of experiences to write about; but for starters, there are two basic things about life that I'd like to point out:
1. It's not easy.
2. It's worth living!

That first point is probably rather obvious to most of us, but I didn't always believe that second point. In fact, for a while I believed exactly the opposite. That was many years ago after a childhood illness had left me with physical handicaps. At that time I was nothing short of devastated. I was a typical American kid who loved to run, and play, and ride bike, and suddenly all of those things were gone. I went from being able to outrun a teenage boy, to not even being able to walk ( I did slowly relearn to walk, but have never run again). My little mind was filled with one big question: what could possibly be worth living for?

Gradually, God has changed my perspective. I realize now that even though my life is dramatically different than I envisioned as a little child, I still have it. That, in itself, is a huge gift! I have come to realize that God gave me this life for a purpose and, just like you, I have God-given talents and abilities that I can use to glorify Him and help others.

This blog is a place for me to randomly reflect (and/or philosophize) on the blessings of this life, and I'd love to hear your reflections in a message or the comments below! Like you, some days life seems harder for me than others, but each one IS worth living and each one has something worth smiling about. If I can somehow share that smile with you through this blog then I invite you to follow me in future posts, and please share them with others, as I endeavor to share my "Pearlspective". TTFN!

Comments

  1. Hey Pearl! I love the name! So looking forward to following your writing journey! And, I really get the whole "drinking coffee" thing... :P :)

    Merry Christmas to you and the whole Haining Family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taylor, Thanks for the note! Coffee is essential to life; I'm glad you relate! Merry Christmas and greetings to y'all as well! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Read These Top 5 Pearlspectives:

It's Just Time To Quit

Why I Stopped Calling Depression A Choice

Getting Pearlsonal - How the Harmonica Changed My Life

Remembering Grandma, and the Longest Day of My Life (That Was Worth Every Minute)