This Doesn't Make Sense

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the complexity of that title? It can and does indicate the nature of the post to follow, but it can also stand alone simultaneously contradicting and proving the very fact it states. Cool, huh!?

Alright, enough of that, let's get on with the show. If you have read my blog before or know me personally, you might have noticed that I am a big fan of explanations. I will think, overthink, and rethink anything to find an explanation for said thing.
Photo by Ken Treloar on Unsplash

Some things need no explanation because they are as obvious as the nose on my face and make perfect sense. Some things positively don't have an explanation and never will, no matter how hard I try to find one.

For instance, why do only 9 out of 10 restaurants I enter serve coffee? This is sad. But worse yet, why do 7 of those 9 restaurants have no idea what coffee should taste like (if that's actually coffee they're serving), or that it should not be tasted at all after it's been on the burner for over 6 hours?

I cannot explain that travesty but I can offer a solution: For the safety and enhanced pleasure of their patrons, I suggest that restaurants everywhere invest in hiring a certified Coffee Connoisseur (me) to sample their coffee periodically throughout the day, thereby ensuring consistent freshness and flavor.

Can we all agree that this is a good idea? Thank you!

Another conundrum that befuddles me is this: Why isn't pie considered an entree? There's a myriad of reasons why pie is qualified to be an entree, especially when you consider the diversity within the spectrum of pieness.

For starters, Pumpkin Pie is practically a vegetable in a crust. Then we have Apple Pie which is loaded with... apples, which are loaded with so many nutrients that they are famously fabled to eliminate any need for doctoral visits if eaten regularly! Impressive. Also, we have the joyous prospect of Banana Cream Pie with bananas offering an extremely generous ration of potassium, and that glorious mountain of whipped cream which is of course filled with protein, healthy fat, and good ol' vitamin D. Lemon Pie is high in vitamin C, Blueberry Pie is high in blue, the list could go on and on.

In my Pearlspective, such foods should absolutely be considered "Main Course Fare", yet they are not. How can this be?? It just doesn't make sense.

Well, if that isn't confusing enough, I have another one for you; a question so far beyond my understanding that I actually wrote a whole post about it last year. The question is this: How could the Creator of the universe, whose power and perfection exceed my imagination, love people so much that he would send his only son Jesus to pay the penalty for our sin?

Almost since the beginning of time we have rebelled against God, thinking our own desires to be better than his perfect plan, and justice demands that we be punished and banished from him for eternity. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Jesus was innocent, yet he endured the wrath of God and died in our place. Then God raised him from the grave, freely offering us forgiveness and victory over sin and death if we will just turn to him and receive it. (If you have any questions about that, please ask me. Your life really does depend on it.)

God's love is so great that it is beyond my comprehension, but how I rejoice in its truth! The grandeur of Christ's resurrection merits such celebration that even national coffee day pales in comparison.

And I have one more question: If God loves us that much, why would we ever reject him?

Comments

Read These Top 5 Pearlspectives:

It's Just Time To Quit

Why I Stopped Calling Depression A Choice

Getting Pearlsonal - How the Harmonica Changed My Life

A Life Worth Living

Remembering Grandma, and the Longest Day of My Life (That Was Worth Every Minute)